Coffee has now become a part of our lifestyle and daily choices. So much so that, we all need a cup of joe to start our day. I know a lot of people who cannot start the day or a conversation in the morning until they have consumed their first coffee. I love my coffee in the morning as well and sometimes in the afternoons when I need a pick me up or just need some energy to get through the tasks for the day.
As part of my experiments and coffee routines I tried a new recipe recently. The frozen coffee milkshake. It is perfect for all the coffeeholics, I think you will enjoy this recipe a lot. It combines the best of both worlds that is coffee and a milkshake.
It is fairly a simple recipe and can be ready within minutes, if you have frozen coffee ice cubes ready and available. Freezing coffee as ice cubes has been very helpful especially since I prefer consuming cold coffee over a hot coffee many a times. This is a very good hack that is life saving and time saving for those days when you really need a cup of coffee to function.
Prep Time: 10 mins Freeze Time: 60-90 mins Total Time: 10 mins
For the milkshake
- Frozen coffee ice cubes (6-8 medium sized, use as per how strong you like your coffee)
- ½ cup milk at room temperature. Keep some more aside to make it how thick or strong you like your coffee milkshake
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla/hazelnut/flavoured extract (optional)
- Brew your preferred coffee in hot water and once its room temperature add it to the ice cube tray and let it freeze completely
- Once coffee ice cubes are ready, add the milk, coffee ice cubes, sugar and flavoured extract in a blender until all the coffee ice cubes have churned well
- Blend until it reaches the consistency you like and voila – its ready!
- Coat the glass with some chocolate syrup/Nutella and then pour the milkshake to get the feeling of enjoying this delicious homemade frozen coffee milkshake in a cafe/coffee shop
- You can also add some frozen coffee ice cubes to the milkshake if it’s not as strong as you like.