I’m always on the lookout for trying new recipes especially refreshing beverages given the heat that we face year-round in Bombay. I was in the kitchen last week and I came across a rose syrup bottle and some soda in the fridge and the next thing I knew I was making a lemonade using rose syrup.
This recipe is ready in 5 minutes and you can replace the soda with water if you prefer it that way. However, I felt that the soda really adds to the refreshing feel and the lime juice mixed with the rose syrup gives it a beautiful and flavourful taste that will leave you craving for more.
I recommend that you try this recipe if you like refreshing beverages, lemonade or sweet beverages. Let me know how you like it!
Prep Time: 2 mins Assemble Time: 3 mins Total Time: 5 mins
Ingredients: (feel free to edit the measurements as per your preferred taste)
- 1.5 – 2 cups chilled soda
- 2 tbsp rose syrup
- 1 to 1 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Powdered sugar to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: Ice cubes & Mint leaves for garnish
- Add ice to your glass followed by lime juice, sugar, rose syrup, soda and a pinch of salt
- Garnish with mint leaves
- Mix it well and consume it immediately before the ice water’s down. Enjoy!