My love for bread is unparalleled and I end up eating bread at least 2 to 3 times a week in the form of a sandwich or toast. But salads and soups are not my preferred choice unless there is one ingredient that change the taste of the dish entirely (loaded with carbs).
Here is one of my favorite recipes that I have been making for a while! Every time we make a soup or a salad, this bread recipe goes perfectly well to add the crunch and just the right flavor- croutons. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make this plain, with garlic, different types of herbs and seasonings as per your choice. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I enjoy putting this together for you.
You can also try this recipe in a pan or a make-do oven on the stove.
Prep Time: 5 mins Bake Time: 10 mins Total Time: 15 mins
Ingredients: (feel free to edit the measurements as per your preferred taste)
- 4-5 slices of bread ( I used white)
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tbsp butter (room temp)
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ tbsp Coriander chopped (you can also use fresh or dried parsley)
- Salt to taste
- Optional: peri peri/chilli flakes or other seasoning if you want to make it Jain/without garlic
- Preheat your oven while you are preparing the croutons .
- Add the butter, olive oil, chopped garlic, coriander to a pan and let it cook for two minutes and let it cool
- Take your bread slices and cut them into squares or shapes as you prefer for your croutons and keep them aside in a separate bowl.
- In the bread bowl now add the garlic butter mixture and mix with the spoon until all the bread slices are evenly coated with the butter and garlic and oil mix prepared earlier.
- On your baking tray, line 8 with baking paper and spread out the bread pieces
- Bake it for 5 to 8 minutes or until slightly golden brown and your garlic croutons are ready. Be careful to keep an eye on the bread while you’re baking as every oven has a different temperature and there is a slight chance of this getting overcooked or slightly burnt.
- Add this to your favourite salad or soup or even enjoy with your favourite dips!
These croutons are best consumed fresh, however, you can save these in an airtight container for 2-3 days.